Thursday, June 9, 2016

I Promise You

What feels like many years ago, I began writing this blog.

It took awhile, but eventually it found its' voice and the goal was to encourage women who broke the mold.

Women who wanted to be better cowboygirls, hands, horsemen....women who wanted to be masters of living a life out loud. 

And then I became jaded and discouraged and I quit writing because I felt for the most part, we as women weren't building each other up, and we had lost sight of the goal to become better at life....in whatever capacity fate was leading us...be that horseback or on high heels.

But then I stumbled upon this post on Instagram, and it breathed life back into me, and my heart, and my pen.

THIS is what Buckaroo Barbie is about and why I started writing in the first place. 
Thank you, Kari. Beautiful words and photograph due to Kari Gibbons



"We'll be looking back, maybe ten years from now, and maybe I'll have a little more figured out. 
Maybe I'll be a little less in your way, maybe a little less, "Kari, get behind me!" from your boss. 

I promise I'll keep doing my best, because this is the best thing that's ever happened to me." 
- Kari Gibbons


Thanks for the inspiration Kari! 

xo xo Liz 


No comments:

Post a Comment